Monday, November 8, 2010

A Moment of Sheer Terror

So I just had one of the most terrifying moments of my life.  The kids were all in bed.  Andy had gone upstairs a while ago.  Faith came to me complaining about hearing a weird scratching sound.  I told her she was imagining it.  I sent her back to bed so I could go back to watching a creepy episode of Destination Truth on You Tube.  Stress on the word creepy.

All of a sudden there was a horrid noise, accompanied by scratching and scrambling around, then pierced by a terrifying scream. I almost swallowed my tongue.  I turned around slowly, thankful I was not in the broken chair, in time to see Faith and Isaac chasing the cat and screaming.

Our local escape artist, Cheeky Cheeser the hamster, got free of his cage and was captured by Ferocious the cat, who earlier today brought a mostly dead mouse to Angel.  We scared the cat enough that he dropped Cheeky Cheeser who began running all over and biting us.  We finally caught him in a toy bathtub from Angel’s doll house- do not let her know that- and got him back into his cage.  In doing so I had to wake up Andy to fix the door.  Then for good measure I duct taped it shut- in red, which is all the rage in rodent decor this year.

This moment was only second in terror, being topped by the night I was up late typing a paper in my basement/school room and heard a scurrying above my head, some thumping, and then the ceiling tiles fell on my head, complete with the cat.  Same cat.  Fell on my head.  In the middle of the night.  FELL ON MY HEAD.  I almost had a heart attack.  I jumped up pretty high and actually threw the whole mess across the room with ninja like reflexes while screaming in terror before realizing it was the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment