Thursday, July 7, 2011

An Open Letter to an Unwanted Guest

Dear fly,

I know we have been having quite an interesting relationship up until this point. You keep me wake with your loud incessant buzzing. I try to swat you only to break my flyswatter. You dive bomb me just as I begin to fall asleep. I sic the cat on you. You terrify my poor children who are afraid you may be a bee. So far it may seem like you are winning.

But I have news for you. I have a weapon you cannot imagine. It is the one thing that guarantee that I will prevail in this fight to the death. My secret weapon? A life span measured in years instead of days. For you see, I googled your kind. And what I found out is not going to bode well for you, or your descendants.

Tomorrow I will break out the big guns, and you will be helpless. Resistance if futile. Tomorrow when my husband goes to work, it would be best if you would go too. That is all I want. I do not need to see you die. I know that time is coming soon enough. Seek freedom, peace, and the wide open outdoors for your final days. If you are still here when I wake up, know that the traps I have set are for you. You will know them when you get stuck in them, for I am a master at stealth, cunning, and tricks I have learned on the Internet.

Never again will your kind terrorize my household thanks to the goodness of the people who contribute to Wikipedia. Never again will I cower in fear as you attempt your kamikaze mission while I sleep thanks to the people who have developed the Paper Chef flyswatter, with it’s handy tweezers and little dustpan feature developed to dispose of your remains. And never again will your kind scare my children in the middle of the night, sending them scurrying to my bed to tunnel like naked mole rats between my husband and I thanks to Dawn dish liquid that I am strategically placing in shallow cups of water in the places you lurk. And if those attempts to rid my home of you and your descendants fail, you should know that I have three frogs left, and I am not afraid to lure you into their home for supper.

For the final time I bid you good night, my winged nemesis.

Jenn, Ninja fly fighter extraordinaire

No comments:

Post a Comment