Friday, March 30, 2012

Lime and Lime Again!

Aside from being older and wiser (HA!), this pregnancy has been different for me in many ways.  I was super sick, had odd problems that have never occurred before, and my belly popped out like a beach ball before I even told anyone that I was expecting.  I can deal with the odd things, like my feet are freezing, I have to take more medicine than I have ever taken before, and I want to eat something really bad until I get it and it makes me sick to look at it.  But for the past few weeks, it has gotten even more weird.

I want to eat a lime.  Never mind that I have never eaten a lime before.  Ever.  Or that I am not even sure I know what a lime tastes like.  Every night around bedtime I get this craving that will not go away.  For limes.  I don't even know what I would do with a lime if I had one.  Slice it up and put it in my water?  Peel it and eat it?  Cook with it?  Garnish something?  Seriously, no idea. 

Last night it was so bad that I went online to find recipes with limes.  I found a garlic lime chicken over rice.  I had to send my poor husband to the store for lime juice.  It was good, and yet, the craving remains.  I have tried to drink a bit of lemon lime soda, but after only water forever any soda tastes super sweet.  I made lime jello.  Did not quench the craving.  And I did not like it.  As I said, I am not even sure I like lime.  I am thinking that I don't. 

There really is not point to this, aside from letting you all know how odd I am right now.  Well, that, and I am not sure how long my husband will last if I keep waking him up after midnight to tell him that I want a lime, only to have him text me the next day to see if he should stop for one and I say no.  The craving is gone by morning, only to return at bedtime and haunt me all night long.  So, perhaps you can shoot me an email with lime recipes that I can try.  Or I may resort to drinking the lime juice in that tiny green bottle that is now in my fridge...

No comments:

Post a Comment