Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday- School Break

There are times that I find it is best to stop home school for a few days, or even weeks.  This is for a variety of reasons, and can be a planned or unplanned break.  We are on just such a break this week, and next.  It was not planned.  Here are the top ten reasons to take an unplanned break from school:

10.  I knew the kids had clean laundry.  They just could not find it in their rooms.

9.  During my class I printed the syllabus.  I then began to correct typos and grade it.

8.  I had to dry off after a shower with a hand towel.  Twice.

7.  I lost the baby swing.  In the living room.  Thankfully, I was holding the baby.

6.  I thought my head would explode if I had to hear "What?  We are supposed to be doing school??"  one more time.

5.  I lost my checking basket which contains my red pencils and pens, stickers, index cards for daily reports, and my favorite pen.  It is somewhere on my desk.

4.  We had to have noodles for dinner four days in a row because I did not have time to cook or to go shopping.

3.  We ran out of pancake mix.

2.  I still have maternity clothing in laundry baskets in my room.

1.  I have found myself more stressed and distracted than when I was at fire prevention day at the fire hall and forgot that I had a baby.  I walked away from the seat to take a phone call. (Several people were there and watched him).  When I came back I got a good deal of teasing about leaving my baby at a safe haven.  (And I was only gone for not more than two minutes, and was still in sight of the seat, just distracted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment