Friday, December 28, 2012

Top Ten Things I Learned this Christmas

With all the excitement of the holidays, the rush of preparation, and the worry over sickness I have found that there are a few things that I learned this Christmas that I was least expecting...

10.  Isaac knows where everything is.  Because he takes it.  This inlcudes things from my purse, like change, gum, and flashlights.

9.  If a kids says that they dropped your purse, take out the compact.  It is most likely broken and will cover everything in a fine powder.

8.  Preschoolers can survive for days on cookies.  And candy.  At least it feels like days.

7.  When your never really sick child says I need to go to the hospital, go.  Immediately.

6.  When wrapping presents with a preschooler do it right before giving the gift.  That way they don't let slip what you got someone.  Repeatedly.  Or ask them if they opened  the 'whatever' yet.

5.  It is a good idea to practice gift giving behavior.  For example, one should never say, "Here I got you this bow tie.  Merry Christmas".

4.  Kids will ALWAYS surprise you in many ways.  When you least expect it.

3.  Multicultural Christmas celebration unit studies will enable your preschooler to shout out equal holiday festivity messages for the parade, including Happy Hannuak, Happy Kwanza, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Live Long and Prosper. 

2.  While I can entertain myslef for quite a while with only the things I have in my purse (crayons, pens, small toys, half a deck of cards) there is nothing of actual value in there in case of an emergency (like money, change, a coffee maker, or pizza).

1.  When you least expect it God turns the worst situations into miracles.  You just have to be looking for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment