Monday, July 9, 2012

Nesting; Not Just for the Birds

I walked into our bathroom today, for the millionth time, and decided that I simply could not leave until it was clean.  I scrubbed the shower, the sink, the toilet, rearranged the shelves, wiped the mirror, cleaned the window, and took the curtians to the wash.  I swept and scrubbed the floor. 

As I was busy, Isaac and Faith kept sneaking up on me. I think they wanted to ask me something.  They just stared.  A few minutes later, David pops in.  He asked why I am cleaning the bathroom, thinking that I must have thrown up, and this should tell you how often I scrub down our rooms. 

Soon Angel peeks in, and checks back with the other kids.  The conversation has me cracking up as I am scrubbing the floor on my hands and knees because that is the only way I was convinced it was clean. 

Angel walks back to the living room and this is basically what she said:

"I do not think she is sick guys.  Remember yesterday when she had us put away all the laundry and explained that sometimes pregnant women need to clean?  I am pretty sure that is what is happening.  You see, I have seen her pregnant many times before, and everytime it is different.  It can be scary, but if she is doing something you have a few choices.  Offer to help, but only if you mean it.  Stay far away until she calls for you then hurry it up to get there.  Bring her water and tell her you love her.  Never drink the last Pepsi or eat the last chocolate.  And remember, it is almost August."

So apparently the nesting bug has hit me hard, and for the first time.  I went for me daily after lunch ice cream and cleaned out the freezer.  I was going to make coffee, but never got around to it because I simply had to do the dishes first.  I could not stop at washing the bathroom curtians, I had to fill the load so I put in the living room and den curtians as well.  Which meant that I am now taking a short break from cleaning those rooms as the kids play checkers.  Before I scare them too badly I better send them outside to splash in the yard.  And I have to hang in there, after all, it is almost August.

No comments:

Post a Comment