Friday, August 3, 2012

The Evolution of Bed Rest

I have been on bed rest since sometime in the middle of July.  This is pretty much how it has been going...

Week One:
I am so glad to not be in the hospital anymore!  That was horrible.  I am much more comfortable here.  I am so glad to know that our little one is not going to have to come too early, even if that means I am to be on bed rest for now.  Let's pray we make it to our due date so he is big enough and developed enough. Angel is doing a great job cooking and cleaning.

Week Two:
I am happy that Micah is still growing, we got to have an ultrasound and he is head down and super cute!  I am not liking this medicine, it is making me shake so much that I can not even walk to the bathroom.  The trips to the doctor are getting to be a bit much, but it is all for the best.  Angel has been making the best pancakes. 

Week Three: 
Off that medicine, no longer feel like death!  Maybe I can attend VBS even if I can't direct it.  I am getting so much school work done, and stuff with the kids for school.  The house is a wreck and we have no clean clothes.  We have been eating sandwiches and cereal until Andy gets home.  But at least Micah is doing fine and still growing.

Week Four:
I am getting pretty tired of this new medicine.  I am now not shaking, it is a constant headache that never lets up.  We have been to the hospital for tests so much that I am recognized by most of the staff.  the kids have been watching a lot of TV, so at least they are entertained.  I am pretty sure the boys have not had a bath in about a week, and there is now no clean clothing.  And at least one day this week they ate popcorn for lunch, but Angel did make pancakes for breakfast. We are out of ice cream.  Again.  At least they like fruit.  Will this little one ever get here??

Week Five:
(This has not happened yet, but we are starting week five soon.  I am pretty sure this is how it is going to go down...)
I can not take one more episode of a Disney show for the fifteenth time. Even Doctor Who has become irritating.  I know, right?  We have been existing on pop tarts and popcorn.  The boys still have not had a bath.  We have no clean clothing, as you can see by the multitude of pictures of David in his undies.  The same undies.  I can not find the living room floor.  There are no clean towels for any of us to shower.  Not eating real food cuts down on the amount of dirty dishes, and letting them go naked cuts down on the dirty laundry.  Does anyone have any ice cream?  Or chocolate?  Or both?   If they don't do something so I have this baby soon, I am going to die. 

No comments:

Post a Comment