Friday, July 16, 2010

Funday, and I Never Do That Half Way!

Which is why as I sit here typing this I have three extra kids here.  For fun.  And it is.  Mostly.  The ones driving me crazy are my own.  Well, two of them.  With two kiddos napping, and two girls glued to Strawberry Shortcake that leaves three to, well, to be insane apparently.  And only two of those are loud.  My two, of course.

Today for the first time David and Mariah played together.  Mostly it goes like this: 

David dumps out his milk.  Mariah yells at him and cleans it up.  David dumps out toys.  Mariah yells at him and tries to clean them up.  He yells at her for touching his toys.  They both get mad and yell.  I give them milk and a snack.  They yell at me.  Then they nap.

 But today David took Mariah a car and said “Come on Riah.  Play.” And they did.  And they had milk and a snack.  And a nap.  But the playing thing, nice change.

Angel, Faith, and Isaac are really happy to have a couple friends over who moved far away.  They came to visit and I had their mom leave them here for a while.  And because there are two boys and Faith, it is loud.  And rough and tumble.  And lots of fun.  And Angel has a little one to paint nails, brush hair, and watch “kid” movies with that she is waaayyyy too old for, but secretly still likes to watch.  And they both love chocolate.  Everyone is happy.  And loud.  And having a great time.  Did I mention loud?

Which brings to light a strange phenomena.  Every single time there are extra kids here, I see my kids less.  And have an easier time taking care of kids, household stuff, and making food.  They are otherwise occupied, and I am left to my own devices.  Which means that anytime I need to get something done I may have to grab a truckload of other children to come home with me.  But first I will need to stock up on juice boxes, fruit snacks, band aids and ear plugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment