Thursday, July 22, 2010

White and Nerdy

The other day I was driving my kids to the store to get the decorations for Faith’s party.  They were all either asleep or playing DS so I had a rare bit of time where I could actually hear myself think.  So what profound thoughts traversed through my mind that day?  Epic ones, that I later had to discuss with my brothers.  Such as why Mace Windu’s light saber is purple.  Now, this is where the nerdy comes in.  Granted, we are going with a Star Wars party theme, but I assume that unless you are as nerdy as me you probably either didn’t know that was unique, or didn’t care.  Didn’t care being the most likely.  This lead me to a whole series of reasons that I am a nerd.  Mostly because I know things like that.  And debate them.  Sometimes to myself.  So, because you were all just dying to know, here is the top ten list of reasons that I am “white and nerdy”.

10. I have seen every ‘comic book’ movie.

9.  I have argued why some of those are not true to character or why they were ridiculous. Which, of course, is because of how they compared to the comic book.

8.  I consider more fictional people my friends than nonfictional ones. (HI Thomas!!)

7.  I read text books for fun.  Most of those text books were not for a class I took or will take in the future.

6. I secretly like writing lesson plans.

5.  I ponder things like light saber colors.  (And then I googled why the light saber is purple.)

4.  Then I was disappointed in the answer because I had a huge argument as to why I thought it should be purple.  Turns out I was wrong.  (Because Samuel L. Jackson’s favorite color is purple. That so does not fit in with the order of the universe. And I am pretty sure it goes against the force as well.)

3.  I make lists to cross things off.  Sometimes I even make the list after the fact just to see all the crossed off stuff.  (I am not even making this up. I may need professional help.)

2. If I am ever arrested it will be for something like stalking an author.  Not that I have. You really can’t call peeking through the t-shirt rack at Frank Peretti stalking.  (Mostly because Andy wouldn’t let me follow him when he left.)

1.  My favorite smell in the world is a tie between baby and newly sharpened pencils. Or maybe the smell of a new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment