Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Boy Who Changed the World

I love being a member of BookSneeze.com.  I love the great books that I can get for myself and my children.  The Boy Who Changed the World is one of those great books I am glad I got a chance to review.  Like the adult centered book, The Butterfly Effect, this book by Andy Andrews chases the ripples through time of the seemingly small actions of several people, tracing the way they are linked together and help form the decisions each other makes until the world is changed.  It encourages children to do the right thing so that their ripples are a positive influence on others in future generations.  Without some of the more difficult to understand situations outlined in the book geared to an adult crowd, the same story is traced through time.  The story was easy to follow and inspiring.
The illustrations were wonderful, and my children loved looking for the butterflies throughout the book.� From the corn fields of Iowa, to the offices in Washington, to the lab of George Washington Carver, the illustrations are beautiful and adorned with butterflies.  I highly recommend this book.  It’s positive and encouraging message touches the hearts of children and inspires them to greatness.

Check out the Butterfly Effect as well, and my blog post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment