Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Gospel According to Isaac

This is as close to word for word as I can get.  Tonight at bedtime we read the Bible together as usual.  I am always worried about Isaac listening because he seems to be doing anything but listening.  He has a prayer list though, and he has been praying for several people to come to know God.  Tonight after we prayed he decided that he needs to tell these people about God. 

This is what he wants to say:

“One time a long time ago God made everything.  He talked about it and then there it was.  And he liked it all but people messed up and sinned.  He had to send Jesus.  Jesus did lots of things like catch fish and build stuff and even make some bread into lots of bread.  Then some people didn’t like him so they made him go to the cross.  They put a nail, then a nail, then a nail to hold him there.  Then they put a spiky crown on his head and spit at him.  He died.  I don’t know how he died.  He didn’t get shot.  But He died so that we don’t have sin.  I don’t know how that works.  Maybe like magic. He was dead for three days and then he rised up and walked around with His friends for weeks.  Maybe like two weeks.  Then he wented up to heaven to get a party ready for us.  And I prayed for Him to be in my heart because He loves me and I love Him.  And I don’t have to go to heaven right now, but after I am died.  And He likes you too and wants to be your friend so you should let Him.  Then we can play together forever.”

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment