Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Butterfly Effect

I had the chance to read The Butterfly Effect by Andy Andrews through BookSneeze.com.  It was an incredibly moving book about how the decisions you make can impact the world.  The illustrations were wonderful, eye catching with a nice layout.  The book was an ebook format, but I loved it.

The story is based on the principle of the Butterfly Effect- a butterfly flapping its wings can cause a hurricane on the other side of the world.  We can have the same effect as that butterfly with our every action and reaction.  The book was well written, tracing the actions and decisions of one person back to the influences that helped shape him, going back several generations.  One person made a small decision that ended up several generations later impacting the world.

This book and the theory it represents was a wonderful inspiration to me as a Christian woman and homeschooling mom.  The things I do today, the choices I make about how I will spend my time, the words I use, the attitude I have, leave ripples in time that can not be measured.  It helped to encourage me to continue to do the right things in my life, and challenged me to live my life worthy of such influence.  I highly recommend this book, and the children’s version- The Boy Who Changed the World.

No comments:

Post a Comment